Avocado and Feta Cheese Dip

“So I saw this *insert recipe/party idea/beauty idea/hair style/item of clothing/inspirational quote/hot boy here* on Pinterest” is approximately how 99% of my daily conversations start. The other 1% is usually “what’s for dinner?” but on occasion I do actually experiment with what I find on Pinterest. Except for the hair, never the hair, never, ever, again. 

Avocado is one my favourite superfoods, I love that it is a good fat and that lots of other people share my obsession. I also love how you can pop it on toast, in a salad, on some eggs, in fact you can use it in almost everything. I love it on toast. I also love feta cheese, I love how you can pop it on a pizza, in a salad, probably on some eggs and in fact you can use it in almost anything…. tum tee tum.

So when I pinned “Avocado and Feta Dip” I nearly died. I couldn’t wait to try it! It’s such an easy recipe and to make that with BBQ season fast approaching, it’ll be a sure fire hit with your friends and family. Dips are my party speciality, I don’t know how I have managed to acquire that label, but it’s a label I like to experiment with, and most parties usually include me saying: “oh, I’ll make a dip”

So here is the simple yet so good – and a little bit naughty – recipe for Avocado and Feta dip, thank you to Two Peas and their Pod for the pin!

I served this with crisps/tortilla chips, but you can use crackers or carrot sticks/cucumber

You will need:

2 avocados, peeled and pit removed
1/2 cup feta cheese
1/4 cup diced onion
1 clove garlic, minced
1/3 cup chopped coriander
Juice of 1 lime
Salt and black pepper, to taste
crisps, veggies, bread, crackers, etc. for serving

1. Place the avocados, feta, onion, garlic, coriander, and lime juice in the bowl of a food processor or in a blender/hand blender. Blend until creamy and smooth. Season with salt and pepper, to taste.

2. Scrape dip into a bowl and serve with pita chips, cut up veggies, bread, or crackers.

You can double or half the recipe depending on the size of your party, the last two times I have made it, I have used 4 avocados, 1 whole onion and a whole block of cheese to serve the whole party. You can also use chilli or jalapenos to taste, but I don’t like spice, so I neglected that part. I would also lay off the onion a tad, as it can overpower the flavour. Sprinkle some cheese on top and et viola!!

Image

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s